In light of the recent and continuing outbreak of Ebola in West Africa the University of Edinburgh's Global Development Academy hosted a Rapid Response Roundtable on Ebola.
Organised around the intersecting themes of biology, economy and culture, the panel featured a virologist, a social anthropologist, two health advisors, and Rachel Glennerster (IGC Lead Academic for Sierra Leone). They discussed their perspectives on current events and Ebola's global fallout.
The Panel included
- Rachel Glennerster (IGC Lead Academic for Sierra Leone)
- Hannah Brown (Social Anthropologist, University of Durham)
- Benjamin Neuman (Virologist, University of Reading)
- Joan Wilson (Health Advisor, British Red Cross)
- Dennis Kerr (Médecins Sans Frontières UK)