Uganda High-Level Economic Growth Forum
PDF document • 182.51 KB
Policy brief: Transforming Uganda’s agricultural sector for sustained economic growth
PDF document • 265.32 KB
The Ministry of Finance, Planning & Economic Development, in partnership with the IGC, is organising a high-level conference on Uganda’s economy under the theme “Accelerated and inclusive growth for sustainable development”.
The conference will provide an opportunity to discuss key growth challenges, learn from policy experiences in other countries, and identify a course of policy actions to drive accelerated and inclusive growth in Uganda. Specific actionable policy proposals identified from the Forum will be incorporated into the action plans of relevant institutions.
His Excellency, Ugandan President Yoweri Museveni is expected to attend the conference and also deliver a keynote address. Other participants will include local business/private sector representatives, government officials, academics, the donor community, and experts from China, Israel, India, UK, US, and Tanzania.
The conference will focus on the following thematic areas:
- Policies to propel industrial development
- Agricultural transformation
- Mobilising domestic resources to finance public investment
- Improving efficiency in public infrastructure investment
- Leveraging trade and regional integration for higher economic growth
- Fostering economic transformation through linkages between rural and urban development; and
- Increasing labour productivity for inclusive growth
Follow the conference on Twitter: #UgGrowthForum17 and @IGC_Uganda
Attendance is by invitation only.
More photos from the event can be found here.
Presentations from the event can be found on the Ministry of Finance website.