Please read the eligibility criteria below carefully. Proposals that do not meet these criteria will not be successful.
- The Principal Investigator on the study must be either a PhD student or an early-career researcher, defined as someone with a PhD and 5 or less years of work experience. The PhD must be in economics or a related social science field such as development studies, political economy, public policy, etc.
- There are no restrictions on experience level for co-investigators.
- Budgets must be capped at £20,000.
- The IGC will not fund projects that are a) purely qualitative, b) not grounded in sound economics research principles, or c) relevant only to middle- or high-income countries.
- Applications that are in line with IGC research priorities, empirically rigorous, advance our knowledge about inclusive growth policy, and have strong value for money are favoured.