PDF document • 376.95 KB
- Leveraging industrialisation for growth in the long run in Uganda will require active policy reform to address key constraints to value addition and to unlock globally competitive production.
- In light of this, the Ministry of Trade, Industry and Cooperatives has developed a revised 2021 Industrial Policy which provides direction to Uganda’s future industrialisation efforts.
- Cross-country experience highlights a number of key lessons for effective implementation of the Industrial Policy.
- Industrial policies in Uganda must adjust to take advantage of the emergence of global value chains and the promise of ‘industries without smokestacks’.
- Policy coordination will be critical in implementing the new Industrial Policy, and the Cabinet Inter-Ministerial Implementation Coordination Committee can be instrumental.