The IGC seeks to employ highly qualified, committed and passionate individuals to join our teams in London and around the world.
The IGC is currently advertising for the following positions:
Head of Cities that Work Initiative
DEADLINE: 13 April 2020
The Head of the Cities that Work Initiative (HCtW) manages the Cities that Work initiative, under the guidance of the Policy Director and the Cities that Work Council. The role supports the Policy Director in setting, implementing and reviewing the strategy for the Cities that Work initiative and ensuring the overall effectiveness of the initiative at a national, regional and global scale.
The successful applicant will have:
- Extensive experience working with policy makers and researchers in developing country cities, and an understanding of policy engagement and impact.
- Experience in programme and project management in a developing country setting.
- A MA/MSc/MPA/MPP degree in economics, public policy/administration, development economics, or a related discipline by post start date.
- Demonstrated ability to engage with and gain respect from senior-level policy makers, such as past work with government officials, the private sector, NGOs and the media.
- A track record of developing and implementing organisational strategies to build organisational performance.
Applicants should also be willing to regularly travel to Africa, South Asia and Middle East, and engage with country teams and stakeholders in these regions.
For more information, and to apply, please visit the LSE jobsite.