The IGC seeks to employ highly qualified, committed and passionate individuals to join our teams in London and around the world.
Project Associate (part-time)
In collaboration with Devlab@Duke, the IGC is organising a virtual matching programme to help build research collaboration between researchers from developed countries and developing countries.
We are seeking a part-time Project Associate who will support this project, including managing online events on Zoom (60%), coordinating with participants (20%), gathering data from participants (10%), and cleaning and preparing data (10%). This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate interested in getting more exposure to research in development economics and policy and networks of researchers in developed and developing countries.
- Location: Remote
- Deadline: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis starting 22 June
- Desired start date: As soon as possible
- Length of commitment: Approximately 6 months on a part-time basis
- Lead the organisation of events, including researching and developing event content and formats.
- Work closely with the relevant stakeholders (IGC communications team, Devlab@Duke, etc.) on developing tailored communications plans for each event.
- Liaise closely with event participants before, during, and after events.
- Manage the logistics, budget, and general workplan of the events.
- Experience organising events and project management (specific experience with academic events and conferences is a plus).
- High level of initiative.
- Ability to work independently and juggle multiple time-sensitive tasks.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to manage relationships with staff, participants and speakers.
- Excellent AV skills for hosting online events on Zoom or similar platform.