PDF document • 350.29 KB
- Skill India is a government programme which includes an initiative aimed at training and linking young women to employment opportunities.
- Not only are female participants of the programme less likely to accept a job offer than a male counterpart, but they are even less likely to accept one that involves some form of migration.
- This brief uses existing data to begin to understand this issue, drawing on data from Odisha where females are more likely to accept job offers.
- It is found the reason for this success in Odisha is several-fold and correleates to better support for participants.
- The data from this project will be used as part of a randomised control trial aimed at understanding what interventions could make female participants more likely to accept roles that involve migration.